The 2021-Up Ford Bronco EXP Series front shock absorbers by ICON Vehicle Dynamics combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock absorber with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the Bronco’s factory coil spring and other components. EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded bodied coilovers, providing suspension lift, custom-tuned performance and maximum travel, all in an economical package.
EXP Series is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation, with the shaft ends machined to re-use the Bronco’s OE upper shock and spring mounts.
The 6061-billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the molded heavy duty urethane coil spring seat that is specifically design for fit each of the Bronco model’s OE coil springs. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable front-end ride height adjustment from 0” to 3” of lift over stock on Bronco’s equipped with the OE HOSS 2.0 suspension package.
EXP Series shocks utilize a one-piece digressive piston design and are custom tuned for the Bronco in conjunction with their stock coil springs to maximize damping performance and provide unsurpassed ride quality, on and off-road. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body also provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Vehicle specific design for 2021-UP Ford Bronco with HOSS. 2.0 Suspension Package
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoir
- Adjustable ride heights from 0-3” of front lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Utilizes factory coil and coil hardware
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
- One-piece, impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offer excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish
- PTFE lined spherical bearing for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- High strength alloy CNC machined lower bar pin
- 100% Bolt-on – no cutting or welding necessary for installation
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels (Without Sasquatch Package): ICON Alloys | 17×8.5″ w/ 5.75” Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels (With Sasquatch Package): ICON Alloys | 17×8.5″ w/ 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires (Without Sasquatch Package): 35″ x 12.50″ (Requires high clearance crash bars, ICON part number 42000. 37″ tire packagesrequire coilover bump stop spacers along with trimming and modifications)
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires (With Sasquatch Package): 35″ x 12.50″ (37″ tire packages require coilover bump stop spacers and may also require fender trimming and modifications)
- TECH NOTE: EXP Coilovers are sold individually. A quantity of 2 are required per vehicle.
- TECH NOTE: Recommend ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit, part number 42000, when running 35” tires on Broncos without Sasquatch package
- TECH NOTE: 37″ tires require bump stop spacer kit part number 611082
- TECH NOTE: When running 37” tires on Broncos without Sasquatch package crash bar removal may be required, but is not recommended
- TECH NOTE: Only compatible with 2021-UP Ford Broncos equipped with HOSS 2.0 Suspension Package
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with Bronco Raptor